Assessing families in complex child care cases using The Family Assessment
Professionals responsible for assessing and working with families following referral or later when more specialist assessment of family relationship difficulties is required.
Recognising the importance of a mixture of teaching input and opportunities to practise, the course is designed to enable professionals to:
- develop their skills in using The Family Assessment model for making assessments
- use a model of analysis and planning interventions and outcomes using the Assessment Framework or similar nation-specific framework.
Fees are £235.00 per person + trainers expenses + VAT depending on trainee numbers (minimum 10 participants).
By the end of the training, participants should:
- be able to make a systematic family assessment using The Family Assessment model
- have developed new skills and methods for working with families during the assessment process
- have a strategy for consolidating and further developing their use of The Family Assessment
- have developed transferable skills in making evidence-based and reflective assessments in an open way with families
- be able to apply the model of analysis and planning to the information they have collected, using the assessment tools to inform interventions and outcomes in their work with children and families.
Contact us to discuss your agency’s or individual training needs, costs and any other questions.