Hope for Children and Family (HfCF) intervention resources
Consists of a set of resources for practitioners who work with children and families to support and enhance the quality of their direct work.
Adoption Support Training
Designed to help professionals who support adopters to care for vulnerable children and young people who have suffered abuse and traumatic events.
The Home Inventory
Designed to assess the quality of parenting and the home environment, this user-friendly tool is suitable for a range of ages and situations.
The Family Pack of Questionnaires and Scales
An engaging and effective means of screening for young children’s emotional and behavioural difficulties, and parenting and other problems.
The Family Assessment
Enables professionals to plan interventions for more complex families by providing a model to understand, describe and assess family strengths, difficulties and competencies.
The Safeguarding Assessment and Analysis Framework provides a seven-stage model to assess harm, future risks and prospects for successful intervention.
In My Shoes
Using images, sound, speech and video, the In My Shoes programme enables a trained professional to support children or vulnerable adults to communicate about their experiences.
Attachment Style Interview (ASI)
Particularly useful in fostering and adoption, and in child care, the ASI supports assessment of carer’s attachment styles and close relationships.
Training and resources to help professionals:
– introduction to childhood neglect
– focus on children
– focus on parents
– managing neglect
– assessing and intervening in neglect
Strengths based approaches to promoting children’s health and development: building on strengths and overcoming difficulties, using evidence-based assessment and intervention with children and families.
Our expertise is in:
- developing and implementing innovative strengths and evidence-based approaches to assessment, analysis, planning and intervention
- using strengths and evidence-based approaches in the range of children’s social care services, from early help to complex child protection including looked after children
- providing flexible, child-centred training for practitioners and managers working with children and families, including children with disabilities
- training agency-based trainers
We work across the UK, the Republic of Ireland, and internationally with:
- professionals in health, children’s social care, education, youth justice, health and the police
- statutory and non-governmental organisations