The HOME (Home Observation for Measurement of the Environment) Inventory
This 2-day in-house course is for professionals involved in undertaking assessments of parenting and the child’s experience of care in their home.
Using an action-learning approach that combines theoretical and experiential learning, the course is designed to enable professionals to:
- use an evidence-based approach to assessing children and families
- become familiar with The HOME Inventory and it's use
- reflect on and develop their interviewing and assessment skills and techniques
- Fees for a group of 12 trainees (including course materials) - £2,160.00 plus trainer's expenses + VAT.
- Fees for a group of 24 trainees (including course materials) - £4,320.00 plus trainer's expenses + VAT.
By the end of the training, participants should be able to:
- explain the structure and purpose of a HOME Inventory assessment
- identify the strengths and limitations of The HOME Inventory
- conduct and score a HOME Inventory assessment
- describe the relationship between the HOME Inventory and the Assessment Framework or similar nation-specific framework
- apply the general and specific interview techniques applicable to a HOME Inventory assessment
Contact us discuss your agency’s or individual training needs, costs and any other questions.